Washington: US President Donald Trump has extended the restrictions on H-1B visas as well as other foreign proceedings for three months in the interests of American workers. Trump said that the coronavirus treatment and vaccine are available, but the impact of the epidemic on the labor market and community health is not completely over. This decision will affect a large number of Indian IT professionals and many American and Indian companies, who were issued H-1B visas by the US government.
Trump had ordered the ban on work visas of various categories on 22 April and 22 June last year. The order was coming to an end on 31 December, and a few hours before that, Trump announced on Thursday to extend it to 31 March. He said that the reasons for which these restrictions were imposed have not changed.